Sunday, 11 March 2012

Modelling: Walls

After the third seminar with Andy, I finally felt as though I was getting somewhere with modelling my space. Today I built  the walls around my environment, using the floor plans I had to guide me.  Overall it took me about two hours, I did not expect it to take this long, but I felt that some parts were not as I wanted them, resulting in me taking my time to tweak things. I discovered quite a lot of little problems, I will demonstrate these in the screen shots below. 

At first I thought the extrusion would work easily, and it does appear so, however it took time to correct the lines, I had to modify through the vertex tool.

After building the walls using the clone tool. I needed to adjust some parts and elements, as they did not match up very evenly. This was a problem I faced and had to solve by re-measuring and moving the walls slightly. I am still not 100% happy with the result however, I didn't want to spend a lot of time tweaking them. If I have time at the end of the project I'll change little parts of the structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment