Wednesday 23 November 2011


Animation: Version One from Zoe Stroud on Vimeo.



Here is my first version of the animation. I have not created an animation before, so I was intrigued to get started. When I first saw the software I was a little bit concerned that I would not be able to use it confidently. I have carried out some experiments so I understood the basic elements; because I have done this I am happy to be able to complete a second version.

For me, the space theme works really well. However after seeing it as a completed piece, there are some significant changes that I want to carry out. Although I really like how all the different layers move for the background, I think the colour and appearance could be improved. I am going to adjust the background so that it is darker, I am going to experiment with the glow effect and the brush tool to create some shapes that look like stars. 

Although I think the background and the photo image work well together, I want to try and make the lines on the image smoother; currently they look quite rough. I am going to try and create these images now on Adobe Illustrator. The pace of the animation is a lot slower than I though it would be, I need to increase the speed so that more can happen which will include the spaceship. I want to try and add even more layers and animmate the layers to move at different speeds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment